Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thing Six

I have played around with Flickr now for a couple of days, and I have come to the following conclusion: I don't see the point of it. Sure, there are a lot of pictures on this site, and it's great that people can share for free, but I have a digital camera. Why should I have to go through the hassle of registering and setting up a Flickr account when I can just upload my own photos from my own camera?

Ok, that aside, Thing 6: One of the tools I found interesting was TripperMap, or Flickr World Map (http://www.trippermap.com/) It allows you to put a Flash-based map on your website or blog, then goes through Flickr to find information on the photos you have taken so it can plot them on the map. Another tool I really liked was ColrPickr (http://www.krazydad.com/colrpickr/). I had a lot of fun browsing through the different colors and looking at the different pictures I found. *This is a marvelous procrastination tool, not to be taken lightly ;) *.

No comments: