Friday, November 30, 2012

A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That

Some random thoughts...as I type feverishly to get this posted before midnight so I can have two blog posts for the month of November.

Today is the Feast Day of St. Andrew. Did you ever wonder how those feast days came to be? I mean, did St. Andrew really die on November 30, or was that simply the date the Church assigned to him? And if it's the latter, how did they choose November 30?

According to my friend S, I am evil, because apparently it is her fault that she is now hooked into knitting the Advent Calendar 2012 scarf. Earthling also apparently thinks I am evil, but for a different reason.

There is, apparently, a Maryland Alpacas and Fleece Festival that takes place every year in November at the Howard County Fairgrounds. I am appalled that I did not know this. How could I not have known this? I think my knitting friends have been holding out on me.

I made an attempt to go for NaNoWriMo this year, but, alas, it shall not come to pass. I was 10,000 words behind a week ago, and there's just no way the story could have gotten done in time. Maybe between now and the end of the year, it can get done?

The Birds have non-tendered Mark Reynolds, which means he's probably on his way to another team. *sigh* I can't say I shall miss his strikeouts, but I shall miss his Magic Toes.

Advent starts this Sunday!

No comments: