Thursday, October 18, 2007

And I'm Back

I just got home from a week's vacation in Scotland. It was truly a blast. (If you ever have the opportunity to travel to Britain, go. And preferably in the fall. It's definitely worth it.)

The thing that really amazed me was how incredibly rural the whole place was. Sure, Scotland has cities, and can be very built up in places; but for the most part, the land was so very undeveloped. Not empty or primitive in any way, but just incredibly bucolic and pastoral. There were places where you could go for miles and miles on end and not come across a town. Once you get away from the cities and out onto the moors, it's just amazing to see how much land there is. It was such a change from here in northern VA where it is all so built up and suburban. It was so great to get away from it all and just enjoy nature in its splendor.

Anyway, I took an amazing amount of pictures, and since the number is so great that I can't possibly e-mail them to you all, I am setting up a blog specifically for this trip so all of you can see them.

In the meantime, here is a preview of what will be on it. In fact, I'm going to make a game out of this :). Here is one of my photos:



And here is another:



And here is a third:



See if you can guess correctly what the photos are (they are from three different locations). I'll publicly recognize every person who can come up with the right answers. Have fun :)

No comments: